Design and implementation of food and/or beverage processing and packaging systems. Serving as a fully competent engineer in all conventional aspects of a key Engineering discipline, plans and conducts work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, adaptation and modification of standard techniques and criteria. You will have the opportunity to work on all phases of a project, from the initial concept/ budgeting through the installation and start-up of new lines, as well as upgrades to existing production lines. Our goal is to provide opportunities to work with our design group and Project Managers to perform mechanical design and assist in the successful completion of projects for our valued clients. This is a salaried, exempt position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborates with Project Management, design team, CAD department, vendors and clients to determine needs and solutions for continuous processing/ packaging systems and to develop specifications.
- Design of process systems including mass flow balances, material flow analysis, heat transfer calculations, and fluid flow calculations- generate written scopes of work.
- Assist in creation review of layout drawings, block flow diagrams, and P&ID drawings.
- Performs on-site audits and surveys of the customer’s facilities and equipment.
- Prepares contractor bid packages for project equipment, components, and installations.
- Handles lead engineering discipline as a member of a Project Team.
- Satisfy the customer by completing the defined Scope of Work in timely fashion.
- Generate requirements for equipment performance and participate in vendor FAT’s, reviews and trials
- Visit customer sites for data acquisition, meetings and to oversee installation and start-up as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this position, the team member is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, reach with hands or arms and talk or hear. They may occasionally be required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch. Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required include close vision.
- Generally, normal office environment where noise level is moderate and temperature/humidity is controlled. Overtime may be required.