The Senior CAD Piping Designer is accountable for the technical assurance and delivery assurance for the assigned piping deliverables and modeling scopes. The Senior CAD Piping Designer actively engages within CAD and Engineering Departments and leads checking processes where required. The Senior CAD Piping Designer shall be fully proficient in the use of AutoCAD Plant 3D. The individual must have also mastered the CAD Designer role. Reports to the Design Engineering Manager. This is a salaried, exempt position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the design and layout, and delivery of complex piping systems.
- Develop Plant 3D specs and setup Plant 3D Projects.
- Provide technical direction, training, and mentorship for other CAD Designers by independently applying sound and diversified knowledge of design principles and practices.
- Maintain drawing standards files in accordance with Company and Customer standards, and aid with the creation of new Company standards.
- Liaise with other engineering and technical personnel including personnel from other disciplines to ensure overall project goals are met.
- Responsible for complying with project change control processes for Piping deliverables.
- Responsible for reporting progress (for assigned scopes) in accordance with Project Control procedures.
- Assist with administration of Plant 3D design software.
- Other CAD Designer duties as requested.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this position, the team member is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, reach with hands or arms and talk or hear. They may occasionally be required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch. Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required include close vision.
- Generally, normal office environment where noise level is moderate and temperature/humidity is controlled. Overtime may be required.